Website Urban Adamah
As Urban Adamah’s Field Trip Educator, you will facilitate and deliver pre-created programming for youth groups at Urban Adamah. You will have the opportunity to serve as a tour guide on the farm, educate students on topics such as sustainability and organic agriculture, and deliver hands-on play-based farm experiences.
PREPARATION & FACILITATION
As the Field Trip Educator, you will be responsible for facilitating pre-planned field trip programming, including:
- Reviewing pre-written lesson plans and logistics prior to program
- Delivering lesson plans with enthusiasm, charisma, and clear sense of presence
- Delivering ritual and transition spaces for young people including Opening and Closing Circles
- Providing sense of community and purpose for young people
- Setup and cleanup for each program
- Providing excellent customer service throughout each program
JEWISH FARM EDUCATION
In this role, you will deliver well-versed content knowledge about topics ranging from farming techniques, earth-based Judaism and Jewish values, and Urban Adamah’s role in the greater Berkeley—and world—ecosystem.
- Deliver farm tours for youth programs that present a background history of Urban Adamah, and how Urban Adamah functions within the Bay Area community
- Provide students with an understanding of the ways in which Jewish values align with Urban Adamah’s work on the farm through words, activities, and play-based programming.
- Deliver clear understanding of basic-level environmental science for young people including the plant cycle, compost cycle, renewable energy, and sustainable vs. non-sustainable practices.
This is a part-time, temporary job from January – May 2024. General hours of employment are 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM on Tuesdays & Thursdays.
Urban Adamah is currently booking field trips for the Spring 2024 school year. These are the dates we currently have booked, though we anticipate booking through May: 1/30, 2/20, 2/27, 2/29, 3/7, 3/12, 3/14, & 3/17.