Marketing Associate (Volunteer Role)
J Leaders’ Purpose
J Leaders is a Silicon Valley-based non-profit focused on building a community of ethical, Jewish, young adult leaders committed to making a difference in the world. J Leaders fellows are a force for good in their own organizations, the Jewish community, and the world. J Leaders flagship program is the Leadership Academy, a cohort-based leadership program for young Jewish adults
As a volunteer, you will contribute to the most important J Leaders programs that are empowering and engaging Jewish young adults through leadership development and community-building.
J Leaders Website: www.jleaders.org
Position: Marketing Associate
The Marketing Associate, is responsible for helping with all or some aspects of the organization’s marketing and communications, including strategy, planning, budgeting, production, and evaluating the impact of market segmentation, collateral, advertising, public relations, and web content on fundraising, philanthropic services, and community building efforts. The Marketing Associate leads the development of the marketing strategy and positioning, working with the CEO, senior staff, and lay leaders.
- Outbound marketing/Social Media/PR/Bulk email
- Web Development – Big revisions
- Graphics Design
Depending on expertise, availability and interest, duties and responsibilities could include:
Work with the CEO to develop and deliver on all aspects of marketing and communications. Specifically, The Associate will be responsible for all or some of the following:
- Evaluating and optimizing marketing and pricing strategies with other leadership programs.
- Analyzing market trends and preparing forecasts.
- Generating new opportunities.
- Increasing brand awareness and market share.
- Coordinating marketing strategies with the sales, financial, public relations, and production leads.
- Developing and managing the marketing budget.
- Overseeing branding, advertising, and promotional campaigns.
- Managing additional marketing volunteers if any is available.
- Preparing and presenting reports to the CEO
- Promoting our brand leadership training events.
- Keeping informed of other’s strategies and trends
Past experience as a marketing manager in a busy non-profit and/or corporate marketing environment with direct responsibility for planning and execution of multiple marketing and communications projects under tight time schedules and budget constraints. Specifically the following qualifications are desired:
Ideally at least two years’ experience as a marketing manager.
- Extensive knowledge of marketing strategies, channels, and branding
- Superb leadership, communication, and collaboration abilities
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management and organizational abilities
Length of position – There is no maximum time limit as to the length of time served in this position, but there is a minimum commitment expectation of one year,
Time commitment – Minimum time commitment is 4 hours per week
Work Location: Remote
Age Requirement: None