Program Associate (Volunteer Role)
J Leaders’ Purpose
J Leaders is a Silicon Valley-based non-profit focused on building a community of ethical, Jewish, young adult leaders committed to making a difference in the world. J Leaders fellows are a force for good in their own organizations, the Jewish community, and the world. J Leaders flagship program is the Leadership Academy, a cohort-based leadership program for young Jewish adults
As a volunteer, you will contribute to the most important J Leaders programs that are empowering and engaging Jewish young adults through leadership development and community-building.
J Leaders Website: www.jleaders.org
Position: Program Associate
The Program Officer direct all aspects of programs, including Academy cohort admissions, communications, program implementation, execution of assessments
Duties and Responsibilities:
Work with the CEO on all aspects of program delivery and implementation to manage all cohort delivery aspects including venue availability, presenter availability, admissions and communications. The Program Officer will help coordinate activities with Marketing, Learning and Development, Finance and the CEO to ensure an exceptional cohort experience and perfect delivery of all presentations.
In addition, the following tasks will be part of the Program Officer’s responsibility:
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Creating and managing long-term goals.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyzing program risks.
- Working on strategy with the marketing team.
Past experience as a program manager in a non-profit and/or corporate environment with direct responsibility for planning and execution of multiple projects under tight time schedules and budget constraints.
Proven experience in program management. Proven stakeholder management skills. Proven experience managing a team. Experience using computers for a variety of tasks. Competency in Microsoft applications including Google Docs, Word, Excel, and Outlook. Understanding of project management.
Length of position – There is no maximum time limit as to the length of time served in this position, but there is a minimum commitment expectation of one year,
Time commitment – Minimum time commitment is 2 hours per week
Work Location: Remote
Age Requirement: None